Friday, September 21, 2012

Brief Update

We are in the middle of appointments, so I thought I would write a quick update. Yesterday after meeting with the GI doc, we discovered that there are still more questions than answers. From the PETscan they performed, they found something in his small intestines, but further investigation is needed to determine what it is. There have been a few more tests ordered over the next few days. We completed one this morning. They did a special catscan where they made him drink 3 containers of a very nasty tasting beverage, and then took the images. It made the poor guy ill and I don't blame him....it smelled really bad. He is doing OK now and we are now hoping to get in to see the Neurologist. There is quite a wait so we may or may not be seen today.

Even though we are getting closer to answers, we still don't have any concrete answers to give. They are testing for several different things at once and we should know more soon hopefully.

 

No comments: