Every year Alaska Airlines picks 1 remote destination to bring Christmas to. They give gifts to all of the children that live in the town, bring Santa and Mrs. Clause, and provide a party there and back for all of the employees/family/friends that travel on the flight. My friend Sara took me with her family on the Santa flight to Adak Island. It is the most Eastern part of the United States and is part of the Aleution Chain. There are close to 100 people that live there, 37 of them are children. The looks on their faces were priceless as they were able to see so many people...all there for them!
We had a blast on the flight! It was so beautiful to see. I'm so glad that I was able to be a part of something so wonderful. I will never forget it!
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
crazy misty!!! what an awesome thing!!! I miss u sooo much and luv ya even more than that!!! I lost my phone so if you need to get a hold of me call Brians or Kaelys!! Luv u
I miss you too Tif! I can't wait until the summer comes so I can see you. :> It will be here before we know it. Love you!!!
Post a Comment