We experienced two earthquakes this week. The first was last Tuesday and it was 10 miles out of town. The magnitude was 4.9 at 1:30 p.m. My chair started rolling around at work...freaked me out but everyone was fine. Last night at 4:00 a.m. there was a larger quake in central Alaska. The magnitude was 5.4. Jason woke up because the bed started to shake. The boys and the dog woke up too. Jacey and I slept right through it and didn't feel a thing. Everyone is fine....kinda glad I slept through it though.
The weather is now chilly and the leaves have all turned and are falling off the trees. It's quite beautiful. We are gearing up for the colder weather. With the cooler weather means more moose in town. Last weekend we went for a hike close to the ocean and came almost face to face with a bull moose. Badger (our yellow lab) was not on his leash at the time. I quickly called him, and he came luckily so I could leash him. Jason decided to get really close to get some pics. Jacey and I were not happy about that. We were pretty freaked out. Jacey was even in tears because she thought her Dad was going to get trampled. He got some good photos and as he walked away....the moose came towards him. It was an adventure. We also saw a cow moose with her twins further down the trail. They are pretty interesting animals.
Today is Saturday and we are working around the house today. We will probably go for a little hike later today as well. I'm excited about the Relief Society Broadcast this evening too.
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment