Sunday, August 22, 2010

A very cool hiking experience

We went on a family hike yesterday headed for Rabbit Lake. It's a 6 mile round trip hike in some gorgeous country. It took us about 6 hours to complete and we had such an amazing time! The hillsides were covered with blueberries and we enjoyed picking them. We made blueberry waffles last night for dinner with the blueberries we picked. Gunner found walking sticks for everyone (which definitely helped). We saw quite a few big huge bull moose scattered about the mountain side. We also saw Dall Sheep. There was bear sign all over the place, but luckily we didn't run into any (I made Jason by bear mace-Just in case). I have to say that I have some very tough kids!!! I barely made the hike-it was mostly uphill and was a long distance. My kids didn't even complain or anything. We all slept like logs last night and my body is soooo soar from the hike (note to self: don't wear shape up shoes on a 6 mile hike-my body is hurting. I guess that's a good thing though). I hope the pictures really show the beauty that we saw yesterday! What an experience!

2 comments:

Tifani said...

Wow I can't wait to come and see you!!! I MISS U SO SO SO MUCH and Brynlee needs to see her aunt Misty!! Tell the kiddos that aunt tif misses them and give them big kisses for me!!! Luv you much my dear friend!!!!
Tif

The Lewis Family said...

I love you too!!! Miss you Tif